Monday 30 November 2015

Weather Report


Why I did this task
I did this task in order to grapple with key conventions used in a double page spread. I used a spread from Billboard magazine, as this will be similar to my magazine's target audience and it is the same genre (pop). the format of this task is a weather report downloaded as a YouTube video. A weather report is much more interactive than notes/annotations, and it is visual too. I was able to literally pin point key things the magazine did in order to effectively appeal to the target audience. Some of my editing isn't perfect, but this is okay, as I am still learning and developing my final cut skills. It helps me to see how I can improve.

How it will help me with my research
There were several key things I must remember when creating my double page spread that I have pointed out in the video. This spread allowed me to take inspiration for my own.

  • Visual arrangement of the title, the way position and structure can convey an idea/message.
  • Posture and type of shot of main image e.g close up/long shot/sitting/standing.
  • Colours of background- plain/colourful/bleak/dark/light etc.
  • Whether I want a caption box.
  • Text- Use of positive/negative language and what effect I want to create.
  • Capital letters/bold typography.

1 comment: