Thursday 12 November 2015

Front Cover Analysis




From analysing this magazine front cover, I have learnt the forms and conventions used to attract and address the target audience. I have made the following conclusions:
  • Photography- eye contact engages the audience and costume also has an effect on the message given to the audience- In this magazine front cover the band who are the main image are wearing black leather which gives them a harsh, intimidating, edgy look. The image is also clearly a layer above most other features, making it more 3D and noticeable. When I make my magazine, I will ensure that the main image stands out because they are the most important. this magazine has also given them a border to illuminate them further.
  • Masthead- the red box surrounding 'classic' is red, which is bright, colourful and eye catching. the white of the text contrasts with the red background, making it stand out even more. When I make my magazine I must ensure that the masthead stands out because it is what people need to remember if they want to buy the magazine again. It also gives the magazine a brand identity, which should be unique and authentic.
  • Colour scheme and font- the colour scheme is consistent throughout, it is red blue and white which makes it easier for the reader to focus on the page. The font is large, wide and easy to read, making it accessible to the audience. When I make my magazine, the font and typography must be clear and legible.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, we also need to see analysis of a double page spread and a contents page. Can these be added ASAP.

    Also, as before, we need to see a detailed introduction and explanation for the post.

    What was the task?
    What did you learn?
    How will this help you in planning your final product?

    ReplyDelete