Wednesday 6 January 2016

Names and Slogans- interviews


The task
The purpose of this task was to actually show my target audience the names and slogans I had thought of, and ask them their opinion. Asking other people what they thought gives me more confidence in using the name/slogan I choose, as I will know people from my target audience find them effective. I presented my ideas in the form of two large mindmaps on A3 paper. This was because I think that mind maps are very visual, and it was easy for the people I asked to see how the ideas had stemmed from my research. From looking at all the different names and slogans on one page, they were able to make comparisons as to which were most effective. It was important that I asked  people from my target audience, as it is them that I will want my magazine to appeal to. I asked 4 people, as I determined that this was a big enough sample size. This survey allowed me to narrow down the names and slogans, which helps me to choose one.
What I learnt from this task
  • Daniel- He said that he liked the name 'Acapella' because it is short and catchy. He said 'intune' was his second favourite. He also thought that the slogan 'for those who want to be in tune' was the most effective, due to its musical nature, which fits in well with the genre of the magazine.
  • Brandon- he said he likes the name 'POPular', as it is catchy, and the capital letters highlight the genre. He also likes the slogan 'for those who want to be in tune' as he thought it emphasises the idea of keeping up with the news.
  • Lea- she liked the name 'Acapella' the best, because it relates to music, and its catchy. She also liked 'for those who want to be in tune' because it's easy to remember and relates to the genre.
  • Bailey- he liked the idea of 'Acapella'. He thought it worked well because it is original and stands out over anything that is currently on the market. He thought it is upbeat, original and fresh. Bailey also said 'for those who want to be in tune' is the best slogan, because it is a pun, which adds humour.
Conclusion
From my interaction with people in my target audience, I can tell that the name 'Acapella' is the most suitable as three out of the four people said they liked it the best. It's fresh, orginal and catchy. It is also modern, as Acapella is a new creation, similar to what my magazine will be. I my magazine too be modern, and to appeal to young people. Out of the slogans, 'for those who want to be in tune' was the most popular, which is clear indication that I should use it for my magazine. People liked it because it is a pun, and therefore adds a sense of humour to it. It is also catchy and original, and emphasises both keeping up with modern adaptations of music (acapella itself), and keeping up with the news. It is also short, which makes it memorable and catchy, the reader should remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment