Sunday 20 September 2015

Course Intro

My coursework
For my coursework, which is 50% of my AS level, I understand that i have to: research and plan into similar products and target audiences. I will be marked on layouts, drafting, scripting and storyboarding. This will count as a third of my coursework. I will then demonstrate this knowledge in the production process. Here I will have t make a magazine front cover and a double paged spread. I will be marked on using a variety of shot distances and how I include and exclude elements as appropriate. I will also have to think about lighting, objects and setting, as well as manipulation of photographs and integrating illustration and text. Lastly, I will have to evaluate my work. This will be based on my choices made throughout production, and what went well and what could have gone better. Here I will need to display my ability to communicate.

What is a magazine?
The world magazine originated from the french word 'magasin'- meaning storehouse. We use the word magazine because magazines are like storehouses of information.  The first magazine was the 'gentleman's magazine of London'. It was first published in 1731. Magazine's differentiate from newspapers because they are thicker, glossier, less frequent and don't break news stories. Different genres mean that there is audience fragmentation and publishing costs are low. Front covers are used to create an identity and differentiates from competitors. It helps to make the genre clear to the audience, which is done by using colour, imagery and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment